Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Il bambino solo

This is the first in a series of posts about picture books from my library.



Roland Topor is one of my favorite artists ever. I even met him, when I was still a kid, in Piazzetta Reale in Milan, after the opening of a big exhibition of his work. His signature on my invitation is all messed up by that evening's raindrops.



This book I'm showing, Il bambino solo (The Lonely Boy), is the Italian edition published by the praiseworthy Milano Libri. The French original title was Le petit garรงon tout seul. I don't think this book was ever published in English, but let me know if I'm wrong.

But the princess, who was shy, preferred to sit on the branches.



1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Have not heard of Topor, but he looks terrific. Looking forward to seeing more from your collection!

    ReplyDelete